CLASSROOM FOOD EDUCATION
Beef Program Guidelines
New Mexico Beef Council offers a grant program for high schools in New Mexico who provide coursework addressing food science, food preparation, nutrition, experimental food and culinary arts. Classrooms incorporating ProStart's two-year curriculum qualify for beef grant program. Additional culinary-based programs may qualify as well. An application, accompanied by a description of your beef education curriculum/activities in your classroom, must be submitted to be considered for beef grant money.
DEADLINE APPLICATION: October 7, 2019
DEADLINE REIMBURSEMENT: June 22, 2020
BEEF GRANT LIMIT: $1,000
- These funds are made available to purchase beef products to teach beef cookery, nutritional benefits and beef cut utilization.
- Beef education should include information covering the beef primals and the subprimal cuts derived from the animal.
- Beef that is purchased can be fresh or pre-cooked product.
- Beef may only be used in the classroom/food lab setting with the focus on food education.
- Funds cannot be used for school social events such at BBQ's, fundraisers or other school functions.
- It is required that the beef be purchased and then, upon submission of an expense verification sheet, with receipts attached, reimbursement will take place. It must be submitted for the 2019-2020 school year to the NM Beef Council by June 22, 2020.
- Receipts should include the name of the store, date and indication that beef was purchased. Original receipts or copies will be accepted.
- Purchases may be made over the course of the school year as long as all receipts are received by June 22, 2020.
- A new application must be filled out for each new school year.
- An application form and guidelines are available at www.nmbeef.com or by contacting Patty Waid (Contact information in the attached form)
*Failure to follow these guidelines will affect the school's ability to receive fund in the future.