roast beef cheddar pockets
- 3 cups shredded beef Pot Roast (about 24 ounces)
- 16 ounces whole wheat or regular refrigerataed pizza dough
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 2/3 cup diced sweet onion
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup light dairy sour cream
- Chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 375°F. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into 12 by 19-inch rectangle. Cut into 8 rectangles, 4 by 5-1/2 inches each.
- Combine beef, 1-1/2 cups cheese and onion, if desired, in large bowl; mix well. Divide beef mixture into eighths; press mixture to compact and place lengthwise in center of rectangles. Fold long sides of each rectangle over filling, pressing to seal. Place on ungreased shallow-rimmed baking sheet. Brush with egg white. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Cut small slit in top of each pocket to vent.
- Bake in 375°F oven 13 to 16 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with sour cream. Garnish with chives.
Nutrition information per serving: 477 Calories; 24g Total Fat; 10.8g Saturated Fat; 0.8g Polyunsaturated Fat; 8g Monounsaturated Fat; 0.3g Trans Fat; 124mg Cholesterol; 434mg Sodium; 304.3mg Potassium; 26g Total carbohydrate; 38g Protein; 4.6mg Iron; 7.9mg Niacin; 0.3mg Vitamin B6; 109.1mg Choline; 2.5mcg Vitamin B12; 9.9mg Zinc; 32.1mcg Selenium; 4.2g Fiber.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, vitamin B12 and zinc; and a good source of niacin, vitamin B6 and iron.