red wine herb marinated beef steak
- 2 beef Western Steaks, cut 1 inch thick (16 ounces each)
- 1/4 cu red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup wataer
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place beef steaks and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks in skillet; cook 16 to 22 minutes for medium rare (145°F) doneness, turning occasionally. (Do not overcook.) Carve steaks into thin slices.
Nutrition information per serving: 186 Calories; 9.4g Total Fat; 2.6g Saturated Fat; 0.6g Polyunsaturated Fat; 5.2g Monounsaturated Fat; 0.2g Trans Fat; 65mg Cholesterol; 50mg Sodium; 316mg Potassium; 0.4g Total carbohydrate; 23g Protein; 2.6mg Iron; 6.5mg Niacin; 0.6mg Vitamin B6; 79.3mg Choline; 3.4mcg Vitamin B12; 4.4mg Zinc; 37.2mcg Selenium; 0g Fiber.