one pan beef roast with root vegetables
- 1 beef Bottom Round Roast (about 3 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 6 cups diced beets (1-inch), about 1 1/2 pounds
- 5 cups diced swee potatoes (1-inch), about 1 1/2 pounds
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line large shallow baking pan with parchment paper. Combine garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; press evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast. Place roast in pan, fat side up. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not in fat.
- Place beets and sweet potatoes in large bowl. Add oil, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper; toss to coat. Arrange vegetables around roast. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 325°F oven 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours for medium rare.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare.) If vegetables are not tender, return to oven and roast until tender.
- Carve roast into thin slices; season as desired. Serve with roasted vegetables.
Nutrition information per serving: 296 Calories; 9g Total Fat; 3g Saturated Fat; 3g Monounsaturated Fat; 67mg Cholesterol; 447mg Sodium; 27g Total carbohydrate; 26g Protein; 3.3mg Iron; 4.9mg Niacin; 0.6mg Vitamin B6; 105.3mg Choline; 1.3mcg Vitamin B12; 4.5mg Zinc; 25.1mcg Selenium; 5.4g Fiber.