harvest steak & quinoa salad
- 1 beef skirt steak, (about 1 pound), cut into 4 pieces
- 1/2 cup lite (58% less fat, 41% fewer calories) raspberry & walnut salad dressing
- 4 teaspoons stone ground mustard
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 1/2 cups (about 10 ounces) cubed butternut squash (1/2-inch cubes)
- 5 cups spring salad greens
- 1 large red apple, unpeeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup fat-free crumbled feta cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Combine salad dressing and mustard in small bowl. Place beef steak and half of dressing mixture in food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat steak. Close bag securely; marinate in refrigerator 6 to 24 hours, turning occasionally. Cover remaining dressing; refrigerate.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions; set aside.
- Meanwhile, place squash in 2-quart microwave-safe bowl; cover. Microwave on HIGH 5 minutes. Remove from microwave. Cool; set aside.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on rack of broiler pan so surface of beef is 2 to 3 inches from heat. Broil 8 to 12 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning once. Carve steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
- Meanwhile, combine greens, squash, apple, feta cheese and remaining dressing mixture; toss to coat. Place salad on plates. Spoon scant 1/2 cup quinoa in center of salad; top with beef slices. Sprinkle with toasted almonds.
Nutrition information per serving: 787 Calories; 20g Total Fat; 6g Saturated Fat; 8g Monounsaturated Fat; 82mg Cholesterol; 520mg Sodium; 41g Total carbohydrate; 34g Protein; 6.4mg Iron; 5.3mg Niacin; 0.7mg Vitamin B6; 98.1mg Choline; 3.7mcg Vitamin B12; 5.9mg Zinc; 18.3mcg Selenium; 5.9g Fiber.