corned beef with apple-onion saute
- 1 Corned Beef Brisket Boneless with seasoning packet (2 1/2 to 3 1/2 pounds)
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider or apple juice
- APPLE-ONION SAUTE
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 medium onions, cut into thin wedges
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, cut into 1/4 inch thickslices
- 1 medium Golden Delicious apple, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1/2 cup apple cider or apple juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place Corned Beef Brisket in roasting pan; place coarsely chopped onion and garlic around brisket. Sprinkle contents of seasoning packet over brisket. Add 1-1/2 cups cider; cover tightly with aluminum foil. Braise in 350°F oven 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 hours or until brisket is fork-tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare Apple-Onion Sauté. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion wedges; cook 13 to 15 minutes or until onions are lightly brown, stirring occasionally. Add apples, remaining 1 tablespoon butter, cider, brown sugar and thyme; cook and stir 6 to 8 minutes or until apples are crisp-tender.
- Carve brisket diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Serve with Apple-Onion Sauté.
Nutrition information per serving: 375 Calories; 22g Total Fat; 9g Saturated Fat; 9g Monounsaturated Fat; 98mg Cholesterol; 977mg Sodium; 28g Total carbohydrate; 16g Protein; 1.9mg Iron; 2.7mg Niacin; 0.3mg Vitamin B6; 1.4mcg Vitamin B12; 4mg Zinc; 28.3mcg Selenium; 2.6g Fiber.