corned beef and roasted vegetable salad with lemon-dill dressing
- 12 ounces cooked corned beef brisket, coarsely chopped
- 5 cups thinly sliced savoy cabbage (about 1 pound)
- 5 cups mixed salad greens (about 3 1/2 ounces)
- 3/4 cups reserved roasted parsnips
- 3/4 cups reserved roasted carrots
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped walnuts
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup reserved Lemon-Mustard Sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar or white wine vinegar
- Whisk Lemon-Dill Dressing ingredients in small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine corned beef, cabbage, greens, carrots, parsnips and walnuts in large bowl. Add Lemon-Dill Dressing; toss to coat evenly. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 439 calories; 33 g fat (9 g saturated fat; 11 g monounsaturated fat); 93 mg cholesterol; 1394 mg sodium; 19 g carbohydrate; 5.9 g fiber; 22 g protein; 3.6 mg niacin; 0.5 mg vitamin B6; 1.4 mcg vitamin B12; 3.1 mg iron; 30.1 mcg selenium; 4.9 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of fiber, protein, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of niacin and iron.