caesar beef steak with chunky olive tapenade
- 1 pound beef skirt steak (1 to 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2/3 cup chopped Kalamata and/or green pimento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup prepared non-creamy Caesar dressing, divided
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Combine olives, 1 tablespoon dressing, lemon peel and garlic in small bowl; season with pepper, as desired. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place beef steak and remaining dressing in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 7 to 12 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 8 to 12 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Carve steak across the grain into thin slices. Serve with olive mixture.
Nutrition information per serving, using Skirt Steak (1/6 of recipe): 306 calories; 23 g fat (7 g saturated fat; 11 g monounsaturated fat); 5 mg cholesterol; 456 mg sodium; 2 g carbohydrate; 0.2 g fiber; 21 g protein; 3.7 mg niacin; 0.4 mg vitamin B6; 3.7 mcg vitamin B12; 2.4 mg iron; 16.2 mcg selenium; 4.9 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of niacin and iron.
Nutrition information per serving, using Flank Steak (1/6 of recipe): 318 calories; 19 g fat (5 g saturated fat; 8 g monounsaturated fat); 56 mg cholesterol; 44 mg sodium; 2 g carbohydrate; 0.2 g fiber; 32 g protein; 9.1 mg niacin; 0.7 mg vitamin B6; 1.8 mcg vitamin B12; 2.1 mg iron; 36.4 mcg selenium; 5.8 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of iron.