argentinean beef melt
- 12 ounces cooked beef pot roast or brisket, shredded
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1/4 inch thick strips
- 4 slices reduced-fat or regular provolone cheese
- 4 slices crusty bread (about 6 x 3 x 1/2 inch)
- CHIMICHURRI SAUCE
- 3/4 cup packed fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place bread slices in single layer on baking sheet. Place bell pepper strips on foil-line baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake bread in 350°F oven 10 to 13 minutes, turning once. Roast peppers 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, place parsley and garlic in food processor or blender container. Cover; process until finely chopped. Add lime juice, oil, and salt; process just until blended.
- Spread Chimichurri Sauce evenly on one side of each bread slice; top evenly with pot roast and red pepper strips. Top each bread slice with cheese. Place on baking sheet. Bake in 350°F oven 7 to 10 minutes or until beef is heated through and cheese is melted.
Nutrition information per serving, using beef pot roast: 458 calories; 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat; 7 g monounsaturated fat); 72 mg cholesterol; 886 mg sodium; 41 g carbohydrate; 2.9 g fiber; 38 g protein; 6.7 mg niacin; 0.4 mg vitamin B6; 3.0 mcg vitamin B12; 6.0 mg iron; 47.4 mcg selenium; 7.2 mg zinc; 104.5 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc; and a good source of fiber and choline.
Nutrition information per serving, using beef brisket: 478 calories; 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat; 6 g monounsaturated fat); 65 mg cholesterol; 869 mg sodium; 41 g carbohydrate; 2.9 g fiber; 44 g protein; 7.8 mg niacin; 0.5 mg vitamin B6; 2.5 mcg vitamin B12; 5.7 mg iron; 50.8 mcg selenium; 8.5 mg zinc; 125.0 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium, zinc and choline; and a good source of fiber.