ancho-chocolate citrus rub
- 1 tablespoon ancho chile powder
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon unswetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in small bowl; press evenly onto beef steak(s).
- Grill, pan-broil or broil steaks; place roast in oven and cook according to chart. Cook to medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness.
New Mexico Beef Council - Beef, It's What's for Dinner